Tile Doctor Forums, find answers to everyday Tile, Stone and Grout Problems
     TILE DOCTOR ®         Tile Forums         
carpet grippers ripped up and damaged tiles

Asked by amy from north wales: Hi there tile doctor, we have some lovely Victorian hall tiles which have been damaged all around the edge by the previous owner pulling up the carpet and grippers. There is a range of colours (red, white and coffee) and as they have aged, we are unable to find matching replacement tiles. Can we fill the holes with grout and colour it to match the tiles? Do you have any other suggestions - we need you tile doctor!

aquatiles says: Hi Amy, There are many companies that supply a wide range of victorian tiles. I find 'Original Style' have the most comprehensive selection. I have included alink which will take you directly to their electronic brochure. http://www.originalstyle.com/dwbrochures/vft/index.html You will find examples & product codes for almost every colour and style of boarder tile. I hope this helps. If you require a proffesional to fit them there is a Tile Doctor covering North Wales. Let me know how you get on with this. Kind Regards David@Aquatiles 'TD Northampton'

gpslancaster says: We usually fill these holes with a Grey Floor Grout (like Mapei Ultra-colour http://www.tiledoctor.co.uk/Mapei-Grout-Shop.asp#Ultracolour), you could then Grout colour them once the grout has dried (24 hours) and this will solve your problem fairly easily, you will be left with a fairly full bottle of Grout colour but thats the only drawback I can see. http://www.tiledoctor.co.uk/Products.html Russell Taylor Tile Doctor Lancaster

To reply to this question please login
Return to Questions