Ideal for tradesmen who are already familiar maintaining Tile and Stone but wish to extend their skills further and get hands on experience restoring Tile, Stone and Grout.
The course runs over two days and covers the following itinerary:
- Introduction including Health and Safety
- Working on Tiles from replacement and levelling through to dealing with lippage and scratch removal.
- Vinyl stripping, cleaning and sealing on different grades of Karndean, Amtico and Altro flooring.
- Advanced Terracotta cleaning including techniques such as blanket cleaning, the removal of wax coatings and varnish without causing damage.
- Fireplace cleaning on Rough and honed and polished stone. We have 5 different types of Fireplaces with Hearths in Situ at the Training Centre to work on.
- Rust Stain Removal - Unlike Acid Staining this can affect any type of surface, hard or soft.
- Cleaning, polishing and crystallising on Polished Concrete and Terrazzo flooring (available June 2019).
- Choosing and applying the right sealer for any given situation.
The contents of the course can be varied to suit your needs and costs £474.00 (inc. VAT) and includes Bed & Breakfast for one night in a local hotel.