X-Tra Seal Sealer
Impregnating wet look sealer for indoor and outdoor use, its breathable formulation has strong water and stain repellency. 1st coat will revive the colour of tile and stone and the 2nd coat if needed will give a wet look finish.
Expected wear, can be anything from 3 to 5 years but a top up of the sealer will be required if a high shine finish is required as the sheen will wear after 12 months of footfall. Always use a ph Neutral cleaner for aftercare cleaning and not a product that contains Alkaline or Acids or 5% non ionic surfactants.
Suitable for sealing many types of porous, rough, and honed floor and wall stones including Black Limestone, Brick, Limestone, Marble, Terracotta, Quarry and Victorian tiles. Can also be used to protect Concrete, Concrete flagging, Encaustic tiles, Grouting and Pointing.
Method of Application:
- Read all directions and shake can before use.
- Always test on a small area first.
- The surface to be treated should be fully dry and free of dirt and existing sealers. A damp meter can be used to ascertain the dryness of the surface or if unsure leave for up to 48 hours before application.
- 4.) Apply a thin even coat with a paint pad or a brush then allow the sealer soak into the surface (This can take 15 to 25 minutes, but this will vary depending on the porosity and nature of the material being sealed). Next remove all excess sealer with clean white cotton cloths.
- If a wet look is desired apply a 2nd thin coat of sealer, after no less than 60 minutes using the same directions above.
- After two hours conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
- The sealed surface can take up to 12 hours before it becomes tack free, no walking on the surface at this time, if working outside the day and night should be warm and dry and free from gusts of wind, rain and frost etc ( please note a sealer like X-Tra Seal will not cure correctly if the environment is below 5°C or above 20°C, under floor heating should be turned down low for at least 12 hours before sealing is commenced and another 12 hours after sealing has been applied.)
- Before walking on the surface check with the back of your hand that the floor is tack free, more time may be needed for full curing time if the house is cool or cold due to a lack of central heating.
A one litre tin will cover approximately 25m² (100 to 350 sq. ft.) per coat, depending on type of stone, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
For full usage precautions and other safety information when using this product please download the Tile Doctor X-Tra Seal Safety Data Sheet
Available in 1 litre tins at £79.20 each, postage and packing £5.50 for a one litre tin, £10.00 for two or more litres (All prices are shown inclusive of VAT).